With the tremendous popularity that Bitcoin ATMs seem to have garnered in recent times, you should know how to use one. In Connecticut, just like in any other state in the US, there are hundreds of Bitcoin kiosks these days. So, when you search for a “Bitcoin ATM location” online, you won’t be disappointed. Using an online directory that lists Bitcoin ATMs, you can find out the exact locations of Bitcoin machines close by.
Once you have identified a crypto ATM in Connecticut, you could try using it when you are in a hurry to buy cryptos. Some Bitcoin ATMs even let you sell your cryptos to get instant cash. Bitcoin ATMs in Connecticut are extremely convenient for users who may be skeptical about transacting through exchanges. It is good for those who are reluctant to reveal their identity to crypto exchange platforms. But, to use these properly, you must know how to go about it.
Step-by-step guide on how to buy Bitcoins at a Bitcoin ATM:
- To begin with, you need to provide documents for ID verification. What you may be asked to show will depend on the type of Bitcoin ATM and its operator. For example, you could be asked to provide a phone number for ID verification. The machine then sends an OTP or One Time Password to your phone that you must enter on the screen. Some Bitcoin machines can ask you to scan IDs like a driver’s license or passport.
- A Bitcoin wallet address will be needed to make deposits. This is where the machine will send you coins that you have bought. You need to download a Bitcoin wallet on the phone. You can use the scanner for scanning the QR code, which represents the wallet address. This step ensures that Bitcoins are transferred to your wallet directly.
- Your next task is to insert cash bills into the machine as instructed. This is the money you will spend to buy Bitcoins. Most machines will instruct you to slip the bills one-by-one in a specific area.
- You will then need to confirm the amount you have bought to complete the transaction. Once this happens, you can click on “Confirm”, “Finish”, or “Buy” options. The BTC you bought will now be sent to the address you provided.
How to sell Bitcoins through an ATM:
- In this, you must ensure that the ATM you have chosen offers a two-way transaction feature. Not all machines will let you sell Bitcoins.
- You can enter the BTC amount you are keen to sell and provide the wallet address.
- Once a transaction is verified, you will get cash immediately. Cash bills are dispensed by the machine, just like a standard cash ATM.
So, using a Bitcoin ATM in Connecticut is not as difficult if you can find one close to your home. But you need to have a Bitcoin wallet and a smartphone handy to make the transactions. You may also have to scan a few documents when you plan on transferring a lot of money. This is required when you purchase many Bitcoins at one time.